Rental Properties as a Real Estate Investment
Yes, the dramatic leaps in property values of recent decades have
slowed down. But long-term upward trends are expected to continue so rental
properties remain an appealing way to go for small investors.
You can compare this kind of investment to long-term stock market investments and they can even be more profitable.
There is much more information about the basics of using Rental Properties as an Investment tool at your fingertips. Just check out these articles:
- Before You Invest in Rental Real Estate
- What to Look for in Rental Investment Properties
- Closing the Deal on Rental Property
- Short-Term Vacation Property Investment
- It Pays to Have a Real Estate Investment Team
- How to Attract and Keep Long Term Renters
- Rental Property Isn't for Everyone
Here’s more you should know right off the bat: Rental properties can provide you the opportunity to have income streaming in and enable you to leverage your assets with a down payment and a loan secured by the property.
Rental properties also offer tax benefits and deductions for landlords (Be sure to check with a tax consultant to determine real estate tax implications).
For some folks, investing in rental property in a highly desirable vacation or retirement area can also provide you with a vacation getaway to use yourself and maybe some day use as a retirement home.