Discovering the Right Home during Your Golden Years
Finding a new home and moving can be a big undertaking at any stage of life. Senior citizens have unique household needs to consider when it comes to buying and selling homes. Consider these tell-tale signs specific to America’s Baby Boomer generation.
- Nearly 80 percent of seniors own a home.1
- 87 percent of adults age 65+ want to stay in their current home and community as they age.
- Among people age 50 to 64, 71 percent of people want to age in place.2
When it’s time to make a move, Real Living Spectrum Real Estate is ready to help you and your family find the best place for the seniors in your life. Whether you’re down-sizing to a home better suited to your lifestyle or need help with putting a treasured home on the market while you move to an assisted living community, our team is here each step of the way.
For individuals wanting to age in place, we’ll help you discover a home that addresses your specific needs―from one-story households with wider door ways that can accommodate walkers and wheel chairs to living spaces with technology that keeps you in touch with the local resources you need. In fact, we even offer the Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designation for REALTORS® who want to meet the special needs of maturing Americans when selling, buying, relocating, or refinancing residential or investment properties.
The team at Real Living Spectrum Real Estate can help you and your loved ones buy and sell your home at every stage of your life. Contact us today to begin your next journey.
- U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey/Housing Vacancy Survey
- AARP PPI, "What is Livable? Community Preferences of Older Adults," April 2014