Once you find your home, your agent will provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis which will help YOU determine the value of the property.
Your agent will work with you to develop the negotiating strategy that will help you get the property for the best price, terms and condition.
All contingencies, except financing, are usually completed prior to signing the Purchase and Sale Agreement.
The Offer Will Include
- Agreement Dates
- Closing Dates
- Deposit Amount
- Any Contingencies, generally Mortgage, Inspections, Clear Title, etc.
| General Standards (locally)
- Offer Deposit Amount: $1,000 ($5,000 if competitive)
- Additional Deposit on P&S Agreement: 5% of purchase price
- Offer Good For: 24 hours
- P&S Date: 10-14 days from accepted offer
- Close Date: 45-60 days (average)
- Mortgage Contingency Date: 15 banking days from signing P&S Agreement
- Home Inspection: 7-8 days
- Lead Inspection: 10 days (by statute) – or may be waived
Each member of your team will complete their work on schedule and should prompt you through every phase of the purchase.