Considering a Career in Real Estate!
"6 Steps to your Montana Real Estate Career"
Go the Montana Board of Realty Regulations website and get the current licensing information.
Register with an approved 60-hour course.
Register for an exam date. All applicants must register for the AMP exam at least 4 days in advance. Times to take the exam fill up so don't wait. Pick which class you will attend and call AMP immediately at 1-800-345-6559 or schedule on line at AMP testing with your Visa or Mastercard.
Complete the required 60-hour class.
Pass the test at the AMP Assessment Center.
- Select a sponsoring broker and send your license application to the Board of Realty Regulations in Helena.
You will need the following items to send in with your application:
- Verification of completion of 10th grade education or transcript, GED certificate, college diploma or transcript, or military discharge papers.
- Proof of 60 hours of approved real estate pre-licensing education.
- Copy of AMP test results.
- A 2x2 photo attached to the application.
- A list of employment for the past 5 years.
- If licensed realtor from another state you will need an original certified license history from any licensing jurisdiction in which a license has been previously issued.