Active Over 55 Communities
55+ communities provide active adults the comfort of a private residence with the convenience of resort-like amenities. Recreation facilities like swimming pools, tennis courts, walking paths and parks, provide safe, well-lit areas where you can be maintain an active lifestyle. Here are some important things to keep in mind when looking at retirement communities
Considering buying a home in a 55 plus community? There are a variety retirement communities scattered throughout Lehigh Valley. Contact Action Realty today to learn more.
- Every 55 Plus Community includes a monthly HOA fee. This fee is typically between $150 to $300 per month, and includes all outside maintenance like grass cutting, snow removal and clubhouse usage.
- For most of the 55 Plus Communities, the yearly property taxes are between $4,000 and $5,000 per year. However, a few communities have taxes as high as $8,500 per year.
- Most communities offer a range of options including renting, buying, or sub-leasing.
- The majority of 55 Plus Communities include a clubhouse with different amenities like a party room and fitness center. Some of the 55 Plus Communities have golf courses, while others have full-time activity directors to keep residents busy with daily events.
- 55 Plus Communities have specific rules about children. Children are allowed to visit but can’t live all year at the community. Each community has different rules governing the length of stay with regarding children.
Some of the homes in Lehigh Valley 55 Plus Communities include basements. Below is a list of communities with homes that typically include basements.
- Legacy at Morgan Hill - Easton
- The Highlands at Glenmoor - Easton
- The Village at Upstream Farm - Easton
- The Village at Fox Crossing - Easton
- The Fields at Indian Creek - Emmaus
- Wild Cherry Knoll - Macungie
- Millbrook Chase - Macungie
- Four Seasons at Farmington - Macungie
- Legacy Oaks at Lehigh Valley - Macungie
- Willow Green - Northampton
- Traditions of America - Saucon Valley
- Briarwood Commons - Whitehall