Many owners of single-family homes and condominiums choose to retain their property when they move to a new home while others choose to invest in apartment buildings. Because of the challenges presented by tenants, the level of service tenant’s demand, today’s legal climate, increasing regulation, and the time demands and inefficiencies of managing small rental properties, many owners benefit from the services of professional property management.
- Do you have the time to manage your home?
- Are you available to show the home during the day and night?
- Do you know what questions to ask of employers and landlords?
- Do you have access to credit reports?
- Do you know what to look for on a tenant application?
- Do you have a lease that is under constant review?
- Do you know what to document when you inspect the home?
- Do you know if you need a separate account for deposits?
- Do you know federal laws that apply to lead paint disclosure?
- Do you know what to do if the tenant does not pay rent?
- Do you know who to call for the best rates on maintenance?
- Are you available any time in case of a maintenance emergency?
- Do you know what the tenant's rights are?
- Do you know what is fair to charge a tenant for when they move out?
- Do you know the strict laws governing security deposits?
- Do you know what to do if the tenant moves before the lease expires?
- Do you have access to free legal advice on Landlord/Tenant law?