Helping Seniors Move From Start to Finish!Considering Downsizing?
Change isn't something any of us take lightly. Most of us feel comfortable in our surroundings and dread the thought of ever giving up our homes.
Sometimes outside forces like our helath or our children tell us "it's time". It could be the size of our home has become more than we need or the work and expense are more than we want.
If you've thought about a move but wondered how to tackle the enormous task of planning, sorting, packing, and moving, I've got good news for you. Over the years, working with seniors, I've developed a unique Silver Service Program for my senior clients.
First Things First - What are your options?
- Staying in your home: let's explore the pros and cons of a reverse mortgage, degrees of in-home care or a few 'aging-in-place' changes to your home
- Moving: if you decide moving is your best choice, let's discuss where you would like to move and which types of accomodations and amenities you are most comfortable with; let's take a look at prospective senior communities and meet the director and residents
Prepare and Plan
You will find my step-by-step, organized plan for you will take the stress out of the move and make it a more pleasurable transition.
- Determine the probable selling price of your home
- Help you decide where you want to move
- Do a floor plan of your new home and determine what is practical to take and help you choose the pieces
- Work with your family, friend, or financial advisor
- If you are moving out of thr area I will refer you to someone at your new location
Sift, Sort, and Donate
I will pack what you use, what you love and what you need.
- I will supply all the packing materials and have my expert team do the packing for you.
- Your family then decides what they would like to take, place on consignment or auction.
- Schedule estate or garage sale, if you choose.
- Bag useful items for the charity of your choice.
- Arrange for pick-up of trash.
Meeting and Directing the Movers
- My team and I will handle all of the final arrangements to be made for moving day, including utility shut-off, change of address notice to post office and providing change of address notices or labels to send to family, friends, organizations, or businesses.
- Provide transportation to your new home, if needed.
- Arrange for your home and garage to be cleaned.
Resettle in Your New Home
- Arrange your furniture according to the floor plan.
- Unpack and remove boxes and packing material.
- Make the bed, hang the pictures
- Setup your bathroom and kitchen
- Connect phones, computer, TV, lamps
- Help with finishing touches
- Provide all advertising and promotional materials to get your home sold quickly
- Stage your home for maximum visual impact
- Up to 2 hours free handyman services
- Free Notary Services
- Senior Discounts on Some Services