The median home value in Galena, OH is $305,900.
the county median home value of $230,000.
The national median home value is $355,210.
The average price of homes sold in Galena, OH is $305,900.
Approximately 77.62% of Galena homes are owned,
compared to 19.48% rented, while
2.91% are vacant.
Galena real estate listings include condos, townhomes, and single family homes for sale.
Commercial properties are also available.
If you see a property you’re interested in, contact a Galena real estate agent to arrange a tour today! Learn more about Galena Real Estate.
BUILD YOUR DREAM HOME HERE! BEAUTIFUL 5 ACRE BUILD SITE WITH MATURE TREES, POSSIBLE PASTURE AREA AND CLOSE TO EVERYTHING! LOCATED NEAR SAGE CREEK SUBDIVISION AND MORE EXPENSIVE HOMES. DELCO WATER AT THE ROAD (BUYER TO PAY TAP FEE) AND NATURAL GAS IS NOT FAR AWAY. CLOSE TO WESTERVILLE AND HOOVER RESERVOIR.
THE SETTING IS PRICELESS! EXPANSIVE ~3,100SF RANCH HOME NESTLED ONTO ~7.5 ACRE WOODED LOT OVERLOOKING YOUR OWN PRIVATE ~3 ACRE STOCKED LAKE! VERY OPEN FLOOR PLAN WITH 10-12 FOOT CEILINGS. AN INDESCRIBABLE & FULLY APPLIANCED KITCHEN W/ WRAP AROUND MAPLE CABINETS, OVERSIZED ISLAND/EATING AREA AND WALK-IN PANTRY. 3 COMPLETE SUITES ALL WITH WALK-IN CLOSETS & PRIVATE BATHS. MASTER SUITE HAS SHOWER BATH. FULL, READY TO FINISH LOWER LEVEL. 1ST FLOOR DEN/4TH BR. OVERSIZED 4 CAR GARAGE, NEW ROOF AND SO MUCH MORE! PERFECT FOR THE ENTERTAINER OR NATURE LOVER. RIDE HORSES, HUNT, FISH OR JET SKI..ALL ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY!
LIKE NEW - Beautiful Country Home on 2+ Acres in Big Walnut Schools! Ranch Style w/Over 2,500 Sq.Ft - Brazilian Cherry Floors, TOTALLY Remodeled Eat-in Kitchen is Gorgeous - Custom Cabs w/Crown Molding, HUGE Center Island w/Counter Seating, SS, Solid Surface Counters! NEW Addition in 2006 - Large Laundry and Master Bdr w/Vaulted Ceiling and Wall of Windows, WIC, Dbl Vanity, Tile Floor! 3 Nicely Sized Bedrooms and Upgraded Full Bath w/Built-in Storage Unit! Great Rear Entry Mudroom w/Built-ins! Enjoy a Multi Use Bonus Rm and Separate Office or Play Rm! Great Outdoor Entertaining Space on Brick Patio! U-Shaped Driveway For Easy Access! MASSIVE Barn - Includes 15 x 40 Office w/Storage Area, Closet Space, Plus Amana 12,000 BTU Ptac Heating/Air Conditioning Unit and Attached Deck!
This beautiful home is located in a family friendly neighborhood, with elementary school within walking distance. Two story, dramatic entry way opens to great room with windows that fill the room with neutral light and gas log fireplace. The gourmet kitchen has stainless steel appliances with gas stove. Granite counter tops and stone back splash make this a perfect place to gather with family and friends. Mudroom with wash sink off the garage is perfect for pets, backpacks and more. Washer and dryer can be located on first floor or in the basement. This home shows like a model and is move in ready!!Make this HOME for the new year!!
FOR RENT - Paradise Just North of Hoover Reservoir - Backs to Nature Preserve! Detail Finishings, Sunlit Views of Nature at It's Best & Amenities! Multi-Level Decking to Relax & Entertain! 1st Floor Deluxe Ownersuite/Bath/Walk-in Closet & Laundry, Loft Entertainment Area/Den Overlooking Great Rm Fireplace & Kitchen/Deluxe Stainless Steel Appliances/ Corian Counters/ Breakfast Bar. Additional SqFt in Finished Walk-Out Lower Level for Guests - 2nd Great Rm with Kitchenette, 2 Bedrms, Extended Bath. 3 BR 2.5 BA Extended 2 Car Garage. Call Listing Agent Direct for All Appointments.
Gorgeous Luxury Estate Echoes 18th Century Georgian Authenticity! Home Features Reclaimed Southern Long Leaf Pine Floors, American Black Walnut Stair Treads & Landings, 5 Fireplaces, Including Authentic Dutch Oven In Kitchen, Authentic 9 Over 9 Marvin Windows with True Divided Lites, Large Owners Suite Includes Private 30x24 Office, 3rd Floor & Lower Level Finished, Asphalt Driveway w/ Rolled Gravel On Top. Carriage Suite Includes 1200 SqFt Apartment Suite Above The Three Car Garage. Two Tier Patio Terrace Made of Pennsylvania Blue Stone, Over 80,000 Bricks Used For Main Home, 18,000 Bricks for Carriage House. Masterpiece Of Elegance, Sits On Nearly Six Acres On Hoover Reservoir w/ Extensive Water Frontage. This historical Georgian home has its roots in the 18th Century. It is a combination of livability to serve today’s active family and attention to detail from the 1700’s. The center section of the home is mid Georgian architecture and the wings are late Georgian or early Federal architecture. The design echoes the Evelynton Plantation home located next to Westover Plantation on the James River between Williamsburg and Richmond Virginia. The Carriage House design is based on the stable built at Carter’s Grove Plantation. Carter’s Grove is located just west of Colonial Williamsburg on the James River. THE GEORGIAN PERIOD: The Georgian Period of architecture in colonial America was a time of formal style and elegance from approximately 1700 until 1780 when Georgian melded with subtle changes into late Georgian or early Federal architecture. Georgian mansions were marked by exquisite detailing, regular geometric shapes, ornament, and formal symmetry. Georgian was the dominate style in its time for the landed gentry who could afford its grandeur. Roots of colonial Georgian are traced all the way to the Italian Renaissance and its emphasis on classical detailing. That early style resurfaced in England in the mid-17th century where it dominated the architectural scene from approximately 1650 to 1750 under such masters as Christopher Wren. It reached the shores of colonial America approximately 1700 at a time of new prosperity. Most early American Georgian homes were built from patterns and carpentry books shipped from Europe. The basic Georgian house was a simple two-story box with symmetrical windows and doors and two rooms deep. In the South, roofs were either hipped or gable pediment. The simple two-story symmetrical box that was early Georgian architecture went through a Late Georgian period of transition approximately 1760 to 1780 into the Federal Period. Late Georgian architecture made heavy use of classical details. The classical form was derived from the classical architecture of ancient Rome, as interpreted by 16th Century Renaissance architect, Andrea Palladio. CARTER’S GROVE PLANTATION: On the crest of the hill overlooking Wolstenholme Towne and the James River stands the impressive eighteenth century mansion, Carter’s Grove. The powerful and wealthy Robert “King” Carter purchased the property as a wedding gift for his daughter Elizabeth Carter Burwell. In accordance with King Carter’s wishes, the estate was named Carter’s Grove and became the property of Elizabeth’s son Carter Burwell, after her death. It was Carter Burwell who constructed the handsome brick mansion. Construction began in 1750 and took five years to complete. The home remained in the Burwell family until it was sold in 1838, the ownership of the estate charged hands several times before Mr. and Mrs. Archibald M. McCrea purchased it in 1927. With the help of Richmond architect W. Duncan Lee, the McCreas carefully restored the home. Mr. McCrea was also interested in equestrian pursuits, and it was probably at his suggestion that architect W. Duncan Lee included the stable and paddock in his plans for the restoration of Carter’s Grove. BRICK: By the 16th Century, brick was a fashionable building material in England, a country well supplied with stone. The status enjoyed by owners of brick houses was a factor in the use of brick for the construction of the finer houses built by English settlers in America. In the colonies the number of brick buildings was small compared to those built of wood. Bricks have always been manufactured locally, partly because of their bulk and weight and partly because the clay and sand from which they are made are found almost everywhere. Clay is highly plastic when wet; it tends to warp or crack when burned. To reduce these tendencies, the colonial brick maker added sand to clay in a proportion of 30% to 70%. The mixture of sand and clay would shrink about eight percent in drying and another six percent in firing. Each until was therefore molded correspondingly larger in a wooden mold. After drying, bricks were stacked for burning. They were heated to a temperature of about 1800 degree F. Many bricks in a kiln were not exposed to that high a temperature and were softer and lighter in color. These bricks were shaped for arches above windows and doors. Temporary kilns were called clamps. Clamps were constructed with dry raw bricks. Several walls or necks were built, parallel to each other, each three bricks in thickness. At a height of about two feet, the necks were joined by corbelling courses into a single mass that built up to a height of eight or ten feet. The tunnels near the bottom served as fireplaces. At first the fires were built up gradually, then the heat maintained for several days. Clamps fired 40 to 50 thousand bricks at one time. Brick sizes have varied since ancient Roman times. Standard bricks since 1899 are 8-1/4 inches long, 4 inches wide, and 2-1/4 inches high. Bricks used in the mid eighteenth century were larger: 9 inches long, 4-1/4 inches wide, and 2-3/4 inches high. This house used the larger size bricks of the colonial period. The basement is laid in an English Common Bond pattern. Hand cased, no two bricks are alike and, each row of bricks alternates; one row laid with the long side (stretcher) facing out, and the next row laid with the short end of the brick (header) facing out. The basement is capped with a special row of bricks called the water table course. Bricks walls above the water table course are laid in the Flemish Bond. In Flemish Bond, stretchers and headers are alternated within each course. Mortar joints are tooled and scribed in what was called a “rule joint” or “grapevine” joint. The terms come from the method of using a rule for a straight edge and the end of a grapevine to smooth the joint and place a narrow line in the middle of the joint. The arches above windows and doors are flat or “jack” arches. The bricks for the arch are molded into a wedge-shaped form. In colonial times the wedge-shaped bricks were formed by rubbing rectangular bricks with an abrasive block (rubbing stone). The smooth, rubbed faces contrast in color with the rest of the wall. The rubbed bricks are laid with thinner joints than other bricks in the wall. Approximately 18,000 bricks were used to build the carriage house and approximately 80,000 bricks were used to build the main house. FIREPLACES: There are five fireplaces, each sized to the room it is in. The fireplaces are built in the way of the 18th century and not like most “modern” fireplaces. To appreciate the advantage of the colonial fireplace, one must understand the differences and why a modern fireplace does not work well or at all in some cases. Fireplaces, like many other important features of the 18th century way of life had, by the late 19th century, become “old fashioned”. As the stove, and later the furnace with central heating, came into general use, fireplaces not only went out of style but went out of houses: they were bricked up or ripped out and destroyed. It was not until the start of the 20th century that a few persons began to decry the destruction of a feature that had meant so much to our ancestors and to appreciate the charming values of the open fires, values both aesthetic and social. Measured in cold science, there is no question about the efficiency of furnaces to produce many more BTU’S of warmth. But furnaces produce no other kind of warmth. They can never give forth the bright, cheery, happy quality of high sparkling flames leaping up in a well-built fireplace. No central heating plant could exude and instill calmness and introspection or create a romantic aura as does the delightful open fire. From about 1900 onwards, masons, contractors, builders, and architects began to design and construct “modern” fireplaces. These sorry versions of the original are so badly designed that they consistently smoke and fail to heat. They are so deep and squatty that they provide neither the kind of warmth that keep people from being cold, nor the aesthetic, social and sentimental warmth. The rules of the 18th century fireplace are simple. First rule is to construct the fireplace and the chimney space above it so that a plumb-line dropped from the middle of the throat will fall precisely in the middle of the floor of the fireplace. Second rule is to arrange the inside space so that there will be a constant circulation of air when the fire is burning. The warm air goes up the inside front wall of the chimney, and the cold air, from outdoors, comes down the inside back wall of the chimney. This is accomplished by building a proper smoke-shelf that is curved from the back with a narrow opening in the front. The cold air descends down the back wall of the chimney, hits the curved smoke-shelf, and starts back up the inside wall of the chimney mixing with the hot air rising from the fire. This action creates a continuous draft which takes the smoke and vapor generated from the fire up the chimney no matter what the outside temperature or wind conditions. Projecting the radiant heat is the next most important item. This is accomplished by proper relation of the angle, depth, height, and slant of sides and back of the fireplace. Unlike the “modern” fireplace that is deep and squatty, the fireplace is shallow and high with slanted sides and back. The kitchen fireplace is a true cooking fireplace as well. It is large with a moveable crane for hanging pots over the fire. It also has a Dutch Oven that is heated when used by taking coals from the fireplace and placing them on the floor of the oven. The oven is equipped with its own flue. WINDOWS: The windows used in the house and carriage house are made by Marvin Windows with true divided panes. They are as close as possible to the type, size, and style of the colonial windows with the modern requirements of high energy efficiency and tilting sashes or easy cleaning. Most windows are 9 over 9 windows, which means there are 9 small divided glass panes in each sash and two double hung sashes in each window. The 9 over 9 pattern is used from the first floor to the third floor with each floor’s glass size decreasing proportionately. The all wood exterior window frames were made on site to match those of 1750 and set almost flush with the face of the brick as was done in 1750. The shutters for the windows in the center section of the house are on the inside. The walls are 22-1/2 inches thick. The shutters appear as raised carved panels on the side of the window when in the open position and can be swung from their pockets on each side of the window and closed across the window to partially or completely shutter the window. In the 18th century, wooden homes had the shutters on the outside and brick homes had the shutters on the inside. Inside shutters have the advantages of ease of closing and opening as well as not being exposed to the weather. GABLES: The brick gables on the house and carriage house are full Pedimented Gables with modillions. DORMERS: Dormers of the period were kept as close to the width of the window as possible. The siding was run parallel to the roof and used ship-lapped and beaded boards. The boards start with a wide board next to the roof and each succeeding board becomes narrower. This was done to create the illusion of height when viewed from the ground— the boards becoming narrower seem farther away. The dormer gables are Pedimented Gables. ROOF: The roof shingles are Own Corning Berkshire, simulated slate. Each shingle weighs 8 lbs. TERRACE: The terrace is surrounded with brick walls laid in Flemish Bond with limestone caps. The stone floor of the terrace is Pennsylvania Blue Stone. This terrace is built similar to the terrace at Evelynton Plantation. LANDSCAPING: The foundation plantings consists of plants similar to those found at Evelynton and Williamsburg area homes. The borders are boxwood, Vardar valley variety. The plants next to the building are rhododendron, PJM variety. There are dwarf white spruce and there are two Magnolia trees. FLOORING: The people of colonial Tidewater Virginia had their choice of woods from virgin forests-oak, maple, walnut, poplar and the southern long leaf pine. The wood of choice for floors was the southern long-leaf pine. This tree grew only in the Tidewater area, and the Carolinas and the northeastern Georgia. The last of this species in virgin forest was harvested about 100 years ago. There is currently an effort to reestablish this tree on 44,000 acres of forest land in South Carolina. All flooring in the main house except bathrooms and laundry (ceramic tile) and master bedroom seating area (carpet), are southern long-leaf pine. This lumber has been salvaged from torn down buildings. The treads and landings of the stairway are American Black Walnut. The newel posts and handrail are also American Black Walnut. The floors in all the rooms of the carriage house are carpeted. DOORS: All doors are raised carved panel doors with ovolo (or thumbnail) sticking. The Hinges are wrought iron H and H-L surface mount hinges. The rim locks and door knobs are from Baldwin Brass. PAINT: All interior paint except the gathering room is Martin-Senour Company’s authentic Colonial Williamsburg colors in satin enamel and named for the building there were originally in. ROOMS: Room sizes given are finished sizes without closets, window seats or dormer areas. All rooms have 10 foot ceilings except Gathering Room which is 12 feet and Master Bedroom Seating area which is 9 feet. The Entry is 12’-3” x 12’-11”. Walls are raised carved panel. Paint is Palace Parlor Cream. The Gathering Room is 22’-6” x 28’-6” with 12ft ceilings. Walls are raised carved panel and colors are of early federal period-light rose on wall, medium rose on trim. The Library: is 13’-2” x 15’-4” Two walls have book shelves from floor to ceiling, color is Wetherburn’s Tavern Pale Blue. Fireplace has marble surround. Built in window shutters on interior. The Dining Room is 17’-3” x 13’-10”. Fireplace wall is raised carved panel and other walls are wainscoted with raised carved panels. Built-in window shutters on interior. Rough in for electric for chandelier. Colors is Palace Dining Room Pearl Blue. Candle light fixtures. The kitchen is 14”-3” x 28’-6” overall. (The eating area is 14’-3” x 11’ and the kitchen area is 14”-3” x 17’-6”) The cabinets are American Black Walnut with Birch interiors. Countertops are quartz with tile backsplash. The Downstairs Bath is 8’ x 6’-10” and includes a shower, ceramic tile walls and pedestal sink. The Laundry is 10’-4” x 8’. Cabinets are American Black Walnut with Birch interiors. Countertop is ceramic tile. Master Bathroom is 14’-3” x 17’. Fireplace wall is raised carved panel. Color is Brafferton Blue. Master Bedroom Seating area is 20’-2” x 26’-6”. Trim color is Brafferton Blue. Master Bath is 13’-5” x 7’-10”. Trim is Brafferton Blue. Front Bedroom is 11’-3” x 13’-4”. Trim is Benjamin Powell House Red. Rear Bedroom is 14’-9” x 11’-2”. Trim is James Southall Blue Rear Bathroom is 7’-9” x 5’-7”. Trim is James Southall Blue. Rear Middle Bedroom is 12’-6” x 13-.5”. Trim is Levingston Kitchen Green. Upstairs Bath is 7’-9” x 5’-8”. Trim is White Floating Staircase and landing leading to the third floor. Storage Space over Gathering Room is 20’-2” x 26’-6” and is unfinished. Third Floor is the same area as second floor and is completely finished. Garage is 24’ x 20’ two car, with stairway to the basement. Basement is finished with 10 ceiling except area under Gathering Room which has 8’ ceilings. Carriage House is 1200 square feet with 3 bay garage 12’ high ceiling and living area above consisting of kitchen, dining room, living room, two bedrooms each with 2’ x 12’ closets, and bath with laundry closet for full-size washer and dryer. INSULATION: Walls in the front, and the back of the upstairs and ceilings on the main house are R38. All other walls are R19. SEPTIC SYSTEM: There are two holding tanks and two leach fields. The leach field in use is alternated quarterly. HOT WATER TANKS: Purchased and installed in August 2013. Natural Gas. Carriage House has 40 gallon tank; main house has 50 gallon tank. FURNACES: Purchased and installed in September, 2013. Natural Gas. Both furnaces are the top of the line Lennox two stage gas burners with variable speed fans. Carriage House furnace has 45,000 BTU’s and the main house furnace has 135,000 BTU’s. HOT TUB: Sundance Hot Tub seats 6 people.
AN INCREDIBLE SETTING OF ALMOST 6 ACRES WITH POND & SURROUNDED BY TOWERING TREES! HOME WITH NEARLY 2800 SQ FT PLUS AN OUTBUILDING THAT FITS 6+ CARS, HEATED WORKSHOP & BATH. A TRUE GOURMET KITCHEN, 2 FIREPLACES, MASTER SUITE WALKS OUT TO AN ENCLOSED PATIO. SELLER WILL CONSIDER LEASE OPTION, LAND CONTRACT AND OWNER FINANCING.
It's all about location renovated 1150+/- sq. ft. bldg. with full walkout basement on a 1 acre wooded lot overlooking large ravine. Located just West of the intersection of I-71 and St. Rt. 36/37 interchange. In close proximity to the new outlet mall. Previous use was farm market future use has many possibilities with this location.
Information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Copyright 2011 Columbus and Central Ohio Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.