RENTAL APPLICATION GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
Real Living All Florida Realty does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing law, and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status or national origin.
- Prior to making application to rent any property applicants must see the interior of the property. Properties are rented "as is" except when the owner has approved a specific repair prior to the lease signing. This agreement will become part of the lease, as verbal agreements are not binding.
- Generally, the application process will be completed within 2-3 days however; it will depend upon how quickly we can verify the information on the application. In certain circumstances there may be an additional application to a condo or homeowners association, which may require more time, additional fees and possibly an interview. You will be contacted immediately upon determination of approval or denial.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- All applicants over the age of 18 must complete an application in full and sign the application. Incomplete applications or unsigned applications will not be processed.
- All applicants must pay the appropriate non-refundable application fee with money order, or cashiers check prior to any applications being processed.
- Dependent(s) 18 years of age and over will not be required to meet income criteria, but must meet the criminal criteria.
- Current valid photo identification is required for all applicants (driver's license, military ID, or state ID).
- BASIC TENANT QUALIFYING GUIDELINES
- Verifiable, stable employment history for the previous six (6) months. Verifiable current employment or other means that provide sufficient income (must equal or exceed 2½ times the rental rate per month).
- Satisfactory landlord references for a minimum of the last two (2) years (tax records are obtained to verify ownership of property and a rental eviction check is performed).
- Satisfactory credit status, as determined by the Credit Bureau Investigation.
- Pass a criminal background check, which includes sex offenses and felonies.
- Will not rent to anyone with a FELONY SEX OFFENSE
- Will not rent to anyone with a FELONY DRUG OFFENSE within ten (10) years of release
- Will not rent to anyone with a VIOLENT FELONY OFFENSE within ten (10) years of release
- Will not rent to anyone with a NON-VIOLENT FELONY OFFENSE within five (5) years of release date.
- Co-signers must live in the state of Florida, pay a separate application processing fee and be approved without contingencies.
- Applicants without a social security number must show proof of a permitted stay in the US with a visa. If the applicant shows proof of approval to be able to work in the US, any offer to rent will require additional security funds.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- The decision to accept pets is made by the owner of the property. If the owner agrees to accept a pet, that agreement is for one pet. If there is more than one pet, owner's approval is required prior to processing the application. Photo identification of pets is required. Several breeds of dogs are unacceptable under any conditions. Real Living All Florida Realty WILL NOT PERMIT German Shepherds, Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Chows, Akitas, Wolf Hybrid, Boxer, American Bulldog, or Rottweiller dogs, and/or any mixed breed, where the predominant breed is mentioned above. We also do not permit any animal with a bite history. Canine Liability Insurance is required.
- If you have water filled furniture, you must supply Real Living All Florida Realty with proof of insurance.
- No properties will be held for longer than two (2) weeks unless approved by owner.
- Once you have been approved to rent the property, you will have 48 hours to sign the lease and pay your full security deposit. On the date the lease begins you will need to pay your first months rent and any other applicable fees and you will be given keys to the property. If you are moving into a property after the first of the month, any prorated rent for that month will be collected for rent on the second month of occupancy. For example, if your lease begins on the tenth (10th) of the month, when you move in one full months rent is collected and the prorated rent for the first month is due on the 1st of the second month. All funds prior to move in must be paid with certified funds. If the applicant fails to sign lease and pay full security deposit, the applicant will be disapproved and the property returned to the rental market. This will not prevent the applicant from re-applying for this property or another property. If the applicant signs the lease and pays their security deposit but fails take occupancy and pay the balance due, the security deposit will be forfeited for breaking the terms of the lease.
- Generally applications will be processed on a first come first serve basis, however, if more than one application is submitted before an approval is made, we are required by our fiduciary relationship to select the highest rated application for the property. In this case qualified applicants who are not selected will be refunded their application fee.
- Keys will be released to tenant on the start date of the lease.
- All funds prior to move-in must be paid in separate money orders and/or cashiers checks. No personal checks or cash will be accepted.